CCS Insight is pleased to announce an exciting new 50-page report analysing the latest trends in mobile Internet usage.
The report is based on a survey of over 1,000 people in the UK between the ages of 16 and 35. The original research was conducted in May 2009. Findings are presented in more than 40 easy-to-read charts, accompanied by comprehensive insights from our experienced team of analysts.
Key coverage areas:
- Mobile Internet usage patterns (operator portals, content and social networking)
- Music, video and games on mobile phones
- Differences in mobile Internet habits by age and gender
- Trends by network operator (including O2, Orange, 3, T-Mobile and Vodafone)
- Analysis by phone manufacturer brand (Apple, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and others)
The report provides answers to the following questions:
- Which types of service and content are most attractive to mobile users?
- What percentage of people are happy to pay for mobile music, video and games?
- What proportion of users regularly access Facebook or Twitter on their phone?
- Which network operator and handset brand are most popular with women?
- Which brand of handset is most popular for use with social networks after the iPhone? (See Figure 1 below.)
- Which network operator gets the most mobile Internet traffic? (See Figure 2 below.)
Figure 1. Frequently Accessed Mobile Internet Sites by Users’ Phone Brand
Figure 2. Frequency of Mobile Internet Access by Users’ Network Operator
The cost of this report is £2,995. This includes copies of the report in electronic and bound formats, and a half-day workshop offering detailed analysis of the results and a PowerPoint presentation tailored to your area of focus (for example, mobile device manufacturer, media company or network operator). The report can also be purchased separately.
For information please contact CCS Insight on +44 (0)8450 574223 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are sample pages and the report’s table of contents and table of figures.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Mobile Browsing
- Mobile Music
- Mobile Video
- Mobile Games
- Mobile Phones
- Mobile Operators
- New Services
- Survey Questions
Table of Figures
- Figure 1. Respondents’ gender and age
- Figure 2. Respondents by region
- Figure 3. Contract type by age
- Figure 4. Contract type by gender
- Figure 5. Frequency of mobile Internet access
- Figure 6. Frequency of mobile Internet access by age
- Figure 7. Frequency of mobile Internet access by gender
- Figure 8. On- and off-portal mobile Internet browsing
- Figure 9. Frequently visited mobile Internet sites
- Figure 10. Frequently visited mobile Internet sites by age
- Figure 11. Frequently visited mobile Internet sites by gender
- Figure 12. Frequently visited mobile social network sites
- Figure 13. Method of payment for mobile Internet access
- Figure 14. Method of payment for mobile Internet access by gender
- Figure 15. Payment per month for flat-rate mobile Internet access
- Figure 16. Payment per month for pay-per-use mobile Internet access
- Figure 17. Respondents that purchase mobile music by age
- Figure 18. Sources of paid-for mobile music
- Figure 19. Purchase methods for mobile music by age
- Figure 20. Downloads of free music among mobile Internet users by age
- Figure 21. Potential sources of paid-for music among non-buyers by age
- Figure 22. Potential payment method for music among non-buyers by age
- Figure 23. Respondents that watch mobile video by gender
- Figure 24. Free and paid-for video usage among mobile video watchers
- Figure 25. Sources of paid-for mobile video
- Figure 26. Purchase methods for mobile video by age
- Figure 27. Potential sources of paid-for video among non-buyers
- Figure 28. Potential payment method for video among non-buyers by age
- Figure 29. Frequency of games purchase
- Figure 30. Level of interest in purchasing games among non-buyers
- Figure 31. Phone brand by age
- Figure 32. Phone brand by gender
- Figure 33. Frequency of mobile Internet access by phone brand
- Figure 34. Frequently visited mobile Internet sites by phone brand 1/3
- Figure 35. Frequently visited mobile Internet sites by phone brand 2/3
- Figure 36. Frequently visited mobile Internet sites by phone brand 3/3
- Figure 37 Contract type by phone brand
- Figure 38. Respondents by mobile network operator
- Figure 39. Respondents’ mobile network operator by age
- Figure 40. Respondents’ mobile network operator by gender
- Figure 41. Mobile network operator by contract type
- Figure 42. Frequency of mobile Internet access by mobile network operator
- Figure 43. Which service would you most like to see on your phone?