Job Title: Sales and Customer Support Executive, CCS Insight
Reporting to: VP Sales, CCS Insight
Location: King’s Cross, London and home-based
CCS Insight is a specialist market intelligence and advisory firm, serving its customers with tailored, decision-ready solutions to help them make sense of the connected world.
The company has carefully assembled a team of the world’s leading analysts, enabling it to offer unrivalled expertise in mobile devices, artificial intelligence, wearables, augmented and virtual reality, 5G networks, software development and operations, the connected home, enterprise mobility and the digital workplace, network operators and the Internet of things, among others.
CCS Insight’s products and services span four main areas:
- Industry commentary and analysis
- Data, analytics and forecasting
- Custom research and decision support
- Go-to-market support services
We partner with our clients in a number of ways, helping them to:
- Predict market trends and identify alternative futures;
- Recognise the potential for emerging technologies;
- Capture and analyse the competitive landscape;
- Understand buyer behaviours and attitudes;
- Develop market positioning strategies;
- Navigate the commercial concerns about bringing technologies to market.
CCS Insight is recognised for its analysts’ influence with industry leaders and the media. We are quoted multiple times each day in the world’s press. The most innovative technology companies and global brands rely on us when they need insight into industry complexity to enable their commercial success.
The sales and customer support executive will provide critical input to the day-to-day running of the CCS Insight business in five areas: customer support, sales support, order management, sales operations and finance.
They will be required to work in a highly detailed and process-orientated manner, with much of their work directly affecting customers, company performance or colleague performance. They must also be able to work in a highly confidential manner when producing and maintaining business-critical and business-sensitive information.
The role will be at times required to work within strict deadlines owing to accountability to both customers and commercial matters.
Role and Responsibilities
|Key Result Areas
||Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Resolve basic customer inquiries by phone and e-mail
- Utilise CRM system to open, manage and resolve customer queries
- Communicate with customers, addressing and resolving concerns or questions
- Handle basic internal and external queries across a range of products
- Manage mailbox for customer queries and ownership of resolutions
- Gather information and escalate this to other teams as needed within the resolution process
- Update e-mail distribution lists for subscribers
- Manage online entitlements for customer access
- Monitor customer accounts for usage and other metrics on a monthly basis
- Develop customer contracts for sales team
- Provide data and reports to help the sales team
- Deliver general administrative support to the sales team
- Follow clearly defined practices and standard operating procedures for order processing
- Validate all submitted orders within the CRM system to ensure compliance and that all business data is complete and captured correctly
- Create reoccurring subscription opportunities within the CRM system to ensure a rolling 12-month subscription pipeline is accurate
- Be a role model in CRM adoption, ensuring a high degree of knowledge as a super user in order to provide CRM support for colleagues
- Discuss any issues with sales representatives or VP Sales about orders and management of existing orders
- Liaise with internal departments about purchasing
- Produce customer invoices for all orders processed
- Maintain a detailed database of invoices and the invoicing schedule
- Carry out any invoicing amendments
- Provide critical finance data to VP Sales on a monthly basis, and be a key contributor to producing a rolling 12-month revenue forecast
- Support VP Sales in maintaining a debtors list, and contribute to resolving bad debt where possible
- Update the sales pipeline reporting tool on a daily basis
- Work with VP Sales to produce performance sales quotas for sales team
- Produce ongoing business analytics on sales performance against quota, as well as other sales- and business-related metrics
- Manage and prepare company bank account payments for board members to approve
Skills and Experience
- Experience in using Microsoft Office programmes, with an emphasis on Excel
- Detail-orientated self-starter with strong time- and task-management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Highly organised and systematic approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use initiative to adapt to different work pressures and meet deadlines
- Proactive approach and commitment to see projects through to completion
- Good customer interaction and customer care skills
- Creative thinker
- Ability to support and assist other team members
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies.