Business Development Executive
Location: UK; flexible mix of working from home and in our office in central London
CCS Insight, a fast-growing company that provides market analysis, data and insights to major global technology companies, is looking for a talented Business Development Executive to build strong corporate relationships and push our growth to the next level.
We support some of the best-known, most innovative and most successful technology companies in the world. In our next stage of growth, we will build on this success by taking CCS Insight to an even wider corporate audience. The Business Development Executive will be central to this endeavour, working as part of a supportive sales team.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate can proactively seek new markets and pursue new opportunities. Your communication skills must be excellent, as your relationships with potential clients will influence the development of our products and services.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Source, negotiate and close new business opportunities
- Establish an effective process for identifying and pursuing new clients
- Design and implement a repeatable enterprise sales process
- Identify potential new markets and trends
- Develop strong working relationships in the tech industry
- Work closely with our Sales Manager to help shape the future of the sales team
CCS Insight helps technology companies make sense of the connected world. We do this by providing insight, data, analysis and expertise from the industry’s most influential and authoritative analysts. The top 10 technology companies in the Fortune 500 all use CCS Insight to help make their complex business decisions simple.
We offer unrivalled expertise in mobile devices, circular economy, wearables, augmented and virtual reality, mobile network infrastructure, telecom operators, developer trends, connected home, digital workplace, and the Internet of things, among other research areas.
CCS Insight’s products and services span four main areas: research and analysis, consulting, marketing services, and events.
We work with our clients in several ways, helping them to:
- Predict market trends and identify alternative futures
- Recognize the potential of emerging technologies
- Capture and analyse the competitive landscape
- Understand buyer behaviours and attitudes
- Develop market-positioning strategies
- Navigate the commercial challenges of bringing technologies to market
- Reduce cost and improve operational efficiencies
We are recognized for our analysts’ influence with industry leaders and the media, being quoted daily in the world’s press. The most innovative technology companies and global brands rely on us when they need insight to enable their commercial success.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate brings:
- Three to four years of sales experience, with a proven ability to source leads and secure key deals
- Experience in selling within a recurring-revenue business model, either subscriptions or software as a service
- Ability to pitch confidently in person, by phone and e-mail
- Excellent relationship-building skills, using them to engage with people inside and outside the company
- A confident and friendly attitude, with the ability to work effectively and highly collaboratively with colleagues in all levels of the organization
- A self-starter mentality to develop a business plan that will contribute to the growth of the business within six months
- A driven and adaptable personality, able to succeed in a dynamic organization
- Strong listening skills, vital to understanding customer feedback and using it to develop our products
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK and be based within commuting distance of our King’s Cross office in London. The role is a hybrid between working from home and in our office, and there will be some travel when required.
If you think you have the skills we are looking for, and are excited about this opportunity to join us, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in this job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies, please.