Job Title: Account Manager, CCS Insight
Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer, CCS Insight
Location: King’s Cross, London and home-based
CCS Insight is a specialist market intelligence and advisory firm, serving its customers with tailored, decision-ready solutions to help them make sense of the connected world.
The company has carefully assembled a team of the world’s leading analysts, enabling it to offer unrivalled expertise in mobile devices, artificial intelligence, wearables, augmented and virtual reality, 5G networks, software development and operations, the connected home, enterprise mobility and the digital workplace, network operators and the Internet of things, among others.
CCS Insight’s products and services span four main areas:
- Industry commentary and analysis
- Data, analytics and forecasting
- Custom research and decision support
- Go-to-market support services
We partner with our clients in a number of ways, helping them to:
- Predict market trends and identify alternative futures;
- Recognise the potential for emerging technologies;
- Capture and analyse the competitive landscape;
- Understand buyer behaviours and attitudes;
- Develop market positioning strategies;
- Navigate the commercial concerns about bringing technologies to market.
CCS Insight is recognised for its analysts’ influence with industry leaders and the media. We are quoted multiple times each day in the world’s press. The most innovative technology companies and global brands rely on us when they need insight into industry complexity to enable their commercial success.
The account manager will develop and execute the strategic business plan for mutual customer and company value using a highly consultative approach.
The role will be required to deliver against sales goals with respect to forecasting and revenue attainment. This generally includes qualifying and disqualifying new business opportunities, understanding customers’ decision-making processes, identifying customer problems, delivering targeted CCS Insight solutions, creating and maintaining strategic account plans, maintaining accurate forecasts and delivering methodological solution presentations to key customers. It will also involve developing detailed proposals, negotiating contracts, proactively managing key customers, creating close plans for forecasted business, closing business in a timely manner and fully comprehending CCS Insight’s unique value proposition.
The account manager will be accountable for comprehensive account penetration and for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with senior leaders and users within the customer organisations.
Role and Responsibilities
|Key Result Areas
||Main Activities and Responsibilities
||Taking accountability for driving revenue growth across the business to exceed expectations, including identification of revenue drivers and metrics to focus on increasing account volume, profit and penetration.
||Monitoring performance-to-plan throughout the financial year and adjusting direction and focus as needed to deliver revenue commitments.
||Providing forecasting within a 95% accuracy rate to create visibility with all CCS Insight business stakeholders on revenue trends and actions to drive revenues to plan.
||Understanding the solution sales cycle and challenges, including the strategies of competitors, and using this knowledge to hone sales strategies.
|Product & sector knowledge
||Working with the CCS Insight analyst and editorial community to use customer feedback and analytical insights in the formation of product enhancements, as well as new products or solutions.
||Giving the highest priority to customer satisfaction by maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with and listening to customers.
||Responding to customer survey results to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
||Contributing effectively to a highly driven — yet collaborative and cohesive — business dynamic.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would offer:
- A minimum of two years’ sales experience, with demonstrable ability to extend and add to existing revenue streams within a defined account base;
- Experience in selling within a reoccurring revenue business model (either subscriptions or SaaS) is desirable, but this is not compulsory
- Experience in selling consulting services is desirable, but this is not compulsory
- Additional experience selling technology, media and telecoms insight into any market sector is desirable, but this is not compulsory;
- Demonstrated success in closing sales alongside excellent relationship-building skills;
- A flexible attitude, with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues throughout all levels of organisation (from board-level to junior analysts);
- A self-starter approach, with the ability to develop a business plan that will contribute to the growth a subscription business within six months.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. No agencies.