Ben Wood, Wayne Lam and Leo Gebbie drew on the expertise of CCS Insight’s new cost benchmarking and device teardown team to explore the journey to the $150 5G phone, examining:
- The price drop from the $1,500 5G device;
- The challenge of addressing 5G cost challenges while delivering prerequisites like a large screen and good camera;
- Chipset evolution, as Qualcomm leads and others join to drive prices down;
- Analysis of current low-cost 5G smartphones, drawing on CCS Insight’s latest analysis;
- Expectations for a $150 5G device.
Missed the session? Click below to catch up.